This post of Comfort And Peace Quotes was published on August 10, 2017 at 5:27 am. It is published under the Comforter category. Comfort And Peace Quotes is tagged with Comfort And Peace Quotes, Comfort, And, Peace, Quotes..
Comfortcom•fort (kum′fərt),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to soothe, console, or reassure;
bring cheer to: They tried to comfort her after her loss.
- to make physically comfortable.
- [Obs.]to aid;
support or encourage.
- relief in affliction;
solace: Her presence was a comfort to him.
- a feeling of relief or consolation: Her forgiveness afforded him great comfort.
- a person or thing that gives consolation: She was a great comfort to him.
- a cause or matter of relief or satisfaction: The patient's recovery was a comfort to the doctor.
- a state of ease and satisfaction of bodily wants, with freedom from pain and anxiety: He is a man who enjoys his comfort.
- something that promotes such a state: His wealth allows him to enjoy a high degree of comfort.
- [Chiefly Midland and Southern U.S.]a comforter or quilt.
- [Obs.]strengthening aid;
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Peacepeace (pēs),USA pronunciation n., interj., v., peaced, peac•ing.
- the normal, nonwarring condition of a nation, group of nations, or the world.
- (often cap.) an agreement or treaty between warring or antagonistic nations, groups, etc., to end hostilities and abstain from further fighting or antagonism: the Peace of Ryswick.
- a state of mutual harmony between people or groups, esp. in personal relations: Try to live in peace with your neighbors.
- the normal freedom from civil commotion and violence of a community;
public order and security: He was arrested for being drunk and disturbing the peace.
- cessation of or freedom from any strife or dissension.
- freedom of the mind from annoyance, distraction, anxiety, an obsession, etc.;
- a state of tranquillity or serenity: May he rest in peace.
- a state or condition conducive to, proceeding from, or characterized by tranquillity: the peace of a mountain resort.
stillness: The cawing of a crow broke the afternoon's peace.
- (cap., italics) a comedy (421b.c. ) by Aristophanes.
- at peace:
- in a state or relationship of nonbelligerence or concord;
not at war.
- hold or keep one's peace, to refrain from or cease speaking;
keep silent: He told her to hold her peace until he had finished.
- keep the peace, to maintain order;
cause to refrain from creating a disturbance: Several officers of the law were on hand to keep the peace.
- make one's peace with, to become reconciled with: He repaired the fence he had broken and made his peace with the neighbor on whose property it stood.
- make peace, to ask for or arrange a cessation of hostilities or antagonism.
- (used to express greeting or farewell or to request quietness or silence).
- [Obs.]to be or become silent.
Quotesquote (kwōt),USA pronunciation v., quot•ed, quot•ing, n.
- to repeat (a passage, phrase, etc.) from a book, speech, or the like, as by way of authority, illustration, etc.
- to repeat words from (a book, author, etc.).
- to use a brief excerpt from: The composer quotes Beethoven's Fifth in his latest work.
- to cite, offer, or bring forward as evidence or support.
- to enclose (words) within quotation marks.
- to state (a price).
- to state the current price of.
- to make a quotation or quotations, as from a book or author.
- (used by a speaker to indicate the beginning of a quotation.)
- quote unquote, so called;
so to speak;
as it were: If you're a liberal, quote unquote, they're suspicious of you.
- a quotation.
- See quotation mark.
This blog post of Comfort And Peace Quotes have 5 pictures it's including Wishing You Peace And Comfort In, All I Want Is Peace, Love, Understanding And A Chocolate Bar Bigger Than My, Peace, Comfort, Quiet, Happiness, I Have Found Away From Home. Only Your Own Family, Those Nearest And Dearest, Can Hurt You, Superior Comfort And Peace Quotes #4 Peace Is Not The Absence Of Trouble, But The Presence Of Christ--Sheila Walsh. This Is The Absolute Best Definition, Peace In The Struggle To Find Peace. Comfort On The Way To Comfort.. Below are the attachments:
Everybody knows that colour is one of many most critical elements to make a lovely bedroom layout. Shade is definitely an essential component for generating , designing or remodeling types, so choosing the colors that are right have to be carefully considered.
As previously mentioned in the last post, the colour could thrust impact on interaction, conception and emotion. In selecting the most appropriate shade on your household bedrooms, thus, you need to pay particular consideration.
The sack is actually a location where we relax, a sanctuary where we sleep once we are tired, tired of the daily program, or perhaps when we are sick. The sack may be the location wherever we wished study a popular novel, to be alone or perhaps remain silent. Locations have to be a place that may produce us feel relaxed.